Sunday, September 30, 2012
Artist Are you scared? whenever you see other artists works or visit exhibitions are you scared? I see that many us become a bit taken aback! especially after seeing the sales meter! it is human nature and every artist must accept this emotion as normal. Oh, I have not made so many paintings, or when taken aback they immediately start saying, I have just begun painting, or I just paint for hobby! The difference in positive thinking comes in what you do after this. I have learned to accept emotions, face them. It is not important how you feel now but how you react and what you do after this that designs your destiny.
Emotions have been with mankind since the evolution time and as there is love so also is anger, jealousy and greed.Competition like in every field is also in art. Do you sell by misleading the buyer in some one else's exhibition? promoting your art and degrading and laughing off some one else's? Karma is at work and as you sow so shall you reap.
Reiki and universal life force here comes into your lives. It is very very important that you believe that each one is unique, the universe has everything in abundance, you just have to tap it. Accepting emotions is the first step towards success and the immense possibilities with your life. There is no replacement to hard sincere effort. Remember successful people do things that most people do not like, they get up early and work towards their goals, they live for their goals! They go out and find work, they persevere and persist in their ventures. Then comes vast blessings from nature, grace descends upon those who are persistent. Keep the ball rolling as a rolling stone does not collect moss.
Shine your core star in the whole world. Each one has a special place in this universe and as we are all inter connected to form a complete whole, so also each one is unique, special, no two you's ! I would be happy that I leave behind good happy art. That which will bring happiness, good health, wealth, prosperity and good luck to everyone. I do not have this other fear also which many artists have, someone will copy their art! I will be the most happiest person if someone copy's my art,we need lots of healing artists to heal the earth, please come forward and make more of happy art.
"work and pray, pray and work, again work and pray and pray and work.......whether you see much fruit or not, remember Universe loves to see you work with your life, deserve every bit of the success. All the best from Rizwana!
Friday, September 28, 2012
|A healthy Brahma kamla plant with plenty of big blooms|
|The Majestic Brahma Kamal Flowers|
Tips for Brahma kamal Plant Flowers and lessons I have learned- 1) Avoid re potting the Brahma kamal and feed the plant regularly for flowering. 2)Do not trim leaves let them dry on the Brahma Kamal plant itself.3)Do not over water, the Brahma kamal plant has fleshy stem leaves and can do away with less water.4) Cowdung is best for flowering as manure.5) Finally, most important, do try to get a healthy mature Brahma Kamal plant, growing plant from leaves cuttings takes lots of years for the plant to mature and give your blooms. our local nurseries also have small Brahma Kamal plants so the search continues for a healthy flowering Brahma kamal plant...will keep posted
|New Brahma kamal Plant in Container|
Original photos of Brahma Kamal shared by our reader
Do not forget to join me on Face Book group Garden Care Simplified!
God Bless from Rizwana!
|Heavenly fragrant Jasmine Flowers in Container|
|White Jai Juhi Flowers|
|Healthy Growth Tips of Jasmine Climber Creeper|
Healthy growing of Jasmine plant tips- 1) Select a healthy plant from the nursery, no black or brown spots on leaves, reason fro infection. See the leaves whether they are firm or drooping, signs of less water and care, risk of surviving when bought. Colors of leaves must be bright green in healthy jasmine plant.
|Fresh Lime Green Leaves of jasmine flowering plant|
3) Trim the tips before the plant has produced flowers. I have been trimming the new growths in jasmine plant of excessive growth in all directions, it looks and grows in all directions like a green flower. If you wish to grow as bush then leave them . Otherwise trim the weak shoots to give the climber a sense of direction one way according to your grill trellis or support. This will encourage healthy growth in your jasmine plant and also encourage bigger jasmine jai juhi blooms.
4) While plucking the flowers do take care to handle the climber gently. Be careful of birds nipping the tips of plants for fresh leaves. Grow away from bird bath or bird feeders as the blooms are sweet and birds love them. Select a shady area on your window sill or garden where the jasmine plant receives few hours of early morning or evening sunlight and not direct sunlight.
5) Another practical tip for using the Jasmine flowers in a room or cupboard as air fresheners is do not put them in water containers or vases. If kept in water the flowers will rot and die sooner within hours, leave aside will also not spread any fragrance. The jasmine flowers spread fragrance only when flowers are in dry conditions and the flowers will give out fragrance even after drying two to three days, but on the plants the heavenly fragrance remains for more days if the jasmine is grown away from direct blast of air or wind.
Friday, September 21, 2012
|Water cabbage plant in bird bath|
|Pair of Myna Birds|
|Alexandrine Parakeet enjoying fruit in Terrace garden|
|White Pigeon Dove Bird|
|Always Available Humble Crow|
|Myna Birds showing their meal|
|Parakeet after the rains|
|Blue Bells fastest growing Climber|
|Water cabbage in water -easiest growing water plant in pond|
You may have a bird feeder where you can put seeds, pellets, cooked rice, chapatis and left over food. Birds especially love toast crumbs and bread along with milk. As for the humble crows you may give them anything they gorge on it! bones and cartilage cut in small pieces of chicken, mutton or fish parts are what crows love and have a hearty meal of it.
Our Alexandrine parakeet especially loves nuts. Badam and Pista are an important part of her breakfast menu. Love birds feed on bread crumbs, chapati, cooked rice, leaves of spinach, corriander, suva, methi leaves along with their seed pellets.
How to attract birds to your Terrace garden- I have seen many great gardens, landscaped professionally after spending lots on it, but no birds. Birds do not come on their own. You have to be patient after planting bird friendly trees and plants. Put up a comfortable bird house nearby on a tree if possible. A bird bath or water fountain is a welcoming sight as smooth flowing water is considered very auspicious especially in feng shui.Have this water feature in the north if possible or center of your terrace garden.
Feed them with food everyday, you may have specially cooked food if their are karmic issues to be resolved or left over daily food can be put up on a corner or space where birds can see and can easily eat it.Do not expect them to feed from your hands immediately, give them some time to be familiar with the environment and you. After they learn to trust you you will be happy they even feed from your hand!
|The pair of white pigeons|
|Butterfly Cocoon on feng shui lucky Bamboo plant|
|Friendly Female parakeet Parrot|
Thursday, September 20, 2012
|Two Overlapping Dragon Symbol in the Sky|
|Two Intertwined Snakes Symbol in the Sky|
|Caterpillar Larvae of Butterfly|
|Feng Shui terrace garden|
1) Form a square shape or as close to the square shape mentally or on paper of your terrace.
2) Your climatic conditions and which plants will grow best in your environment of available sunlight.
|Pink Rose for feng shui fame|
|Red amaryllis for fame|
|Red carribean Plant for south|
4) South west- Area of relationships marital prospects and marital happiness. Predominate colour flowers must be yellow. Being and supporting big earth. Emotional security daffodils, lillies, tulips, roses, gardenia, lavender (Still on my wish list!) periwinkle, geraniums. Mint or ajwain herb is considered very good to be planted here. Have your stone statue or artefact or stone here.
5)West - Area for fertility creativity and children. Select flowers in yellow and white colors.lily, morning glory, gardenia-Anant, white kaner, tagar, mogra, chameli, jai juhi etc as this area supports small metal you can hang a metal wind chime here. Also can add a gazing globe or small silvery artefacts that will reflect sunlight and shine, to improve creativity and children luck.
|Orange Roses for good luck|
|White flowers for north, North east and west directions|
|White fragrant flowers for south west, north and northwest feng shui directions|
|Yellow Roses for north and north west feng shui directions|
|Peach coloured Aboli flowers for Northwest|
|Jade plant for south east|
|Money plant for south east|
|Ornamental Chilies for South|
|Peach Coloured Flowers for North West|
|Majestic red Rose for South|
|Purple Plants for North|
|Purple luck feng shui|
8) North East- Yellow and orange colours are best here.Jasmine, marigold, chrysanthemums, sunflower, roses can be planted here. This area is small earth and it is auspicious to have a rock garden here. You may arrange colourful stones or rocks here or display stones in this area for self progress.
East- Family relationships and health- predominant color green, lush green plants , all shades of green. This area is termed as big wood and it is considered very auspicious in feng shui to have at least one big tree here like gulmohar..
9) South East- Wealth and Money- Most important area of your terrace garden. All fruit trees are best grown here. Jade plants, money plants and all round leaved fleshy stem plants bring wealth and money luck. Small wood supports this area so have wood in any form here. A swing, or artefact of wood. Maybe a moving wind mill to bring fresh energy with rotations as circulating movements activate chi.
Friday, September 14, 2012
|Colourful Flowers on Snow Covered Mountains of himachal Pradesh|
|Snow covered mountains of Himachal pradesh|
|greenery on Himalayan Mountains|
|Gushing waterfalls in himachal pradesh himalayas|
When you wish to see Flowers growing in snow keep the soil rocky and hardy. Moist soil will kill the plants and seeds underground with becoming soggy with water flowing.
If you stay in snow covered regions and wish to select plants for garden or planting bulbs are your best bet. Once invested they continue to give you beautiful blooms , of course until someone destroys the bulb!
Rhizomes and bubs of many flowers like lilies, amaryllis, tube roses etc can be sowed before spring and as the waters melt from the snow so do the new shoots come out from the ground.
Bulbs and seeds of many plants can be saved during snow fall by covering the ground by grass and husks of dried plants during winter. As spring comes up you may remove the covering on the ground by clearing off this or allow this to act as mulch for your flowering plants.Nature gives lessons itself and on observing this in the snow covered Himalyan region of Himachal pradesh I have learned many tips of growing plants in cold climates.Many people staying in cold temperature countries also bring their potted plants indoors to protect them from frost and chills. And the ones who love plants , the plants do give them lovely booms in return, no matter the conditions and climates!
Artists who are struggling and those who work hard but have not seen the light of the day, can follow simple feng shui cures and open doors of success into their lives. Not only will they attract recognition but will also hear the jingles of money coming their way. Feng shui science helps one to be at ease with your environment as a result this brings happiness, peace and prosperity. Artists can follow simple feng shui tips to attract luck and success in their artist' career.Studying feng shui since past many years I have shared many tips and here I wish to share few tips for artists to get success in their careers. (http://fengshui-simplecures.blogspot.in)
1) Clear off clutter. Organize your work place, all that you need and that which you have not touched since the past five years. If you do not need certain things but love them you may store them in attic or store room. Keep your work place your studio organised so that when you need something you do not have to search for it. This brings in an organized energy whch promotes success as you know where you are going.Clutter and mess in your work place indicates the same energy in your life and artist career.
2) Record your work. You must know how many paintings you have, their details, the materials used and the year you have made these artworks. This will give you control over your life and your work. Usually when art does not sell there is tendency to store artworks them in attic where the paintings are in cobwebs and home to spiders. If you are doing the same and do not have space to store them at least keep a watch at them regularly and keep your paintings clean.
3) Your art depends upon some important things. Like a surgeon needs his instruments for success in surgery, so do you need paints and brushes. Look carefully all the materials you need. Buy good quality materials, canvas, paper, colors as these are essential to make good art. Keep them clean and organised so that while painting you do not need to search for that particular knife or brush.Keep your materials and brushes clean, take care of them as they will help to produce good art.
4) Let in nature into your llife. This is very important that you connect with nature to maintain positive energy, balance and harmony. This does not in any way mean you need to have a garden, you may have a green bamboo plant on your work table or have a green ornamental plant in your studio. If you have a green thumb and do not love plants you may also have a silk or artificial plant inside that will uplift your energy as well as your work place feng shui.Your south east section caters to wealth and prosperity sector in your life and you may place a plant or wood artefact here to uplift the eneyg here.
5) Avoid negative people. These are energy suckers who drain all yoru creative energy whenever you meet tham. By this I mean you may meet some friends, neighbours, family , relatives just anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable with your art. these energy drainers may be any people who when you meet, be little you and your artist career, by commenting that art does not sell, this is not for you, you are wasting time and money in making art. There is no cure for such people and do not try to convince them or give explanations as this will be futile and a waste of your energy.Focus on proving them wrong by continuing to make art.
6) Display and connect with art galleries, online art galleries, artists, collectors, corporates and whoever you feel can purchase or show interest in your art. For this keep your mobile phone in the north west section of your work table or studio to attract helpful friends and travel luck into your life. Regularly keep updating your status as artist so that not only other people recognise you but also you unconsciously send a message to the universe that you want to follow this path in your life.
7) For any artist the most important aspect is to sell. Feng shui cures help to remove blocked karmic influences by welcoming positive energy. You may decorate your prosperity corner by things which indicate success , richness and wealth, symbols of prosperity.
8) Most important thing for any artst is to keep making art. Your creativity corner in feng shui falls in the west section and this area needs to be kept clean and decorated with lights and colours. Feng shui element for west section, your creativity area is metal and the colours favouign this area are gwhite , gray, and metallic gold or silver. You may display paintings having similar colours in them to improve feng shui energy here.
9) You may also have a feng shui tower or feng shui globe in the north for career opportunites and success in all your new ventures. This will not only attract new buyers but also improve relationships with previous collectors.
10) Finally be surrounded by art. Cleaning the clutter and organising does not mean you paint your artist studio white and keep all things tucked inside, this will hamper your creativity. Have a special wall on the south section which has colourful pictures or feng shui paintings where the prominent colour is red, the area in feng shui that promotes success, fame and recognition.
All the best to all artists of the world and do share your views and suggestions.
I wish to make simple, colorful, understandable healing art.
|Curry Patta Plant|
|Curry leaves Big plant Tips|
|Dried Curry leaves|
Clean the leaves thoroughly and then put on paper. Allow the leaves to dry naturally for a day or in some indirect sunlight. Now you can roll the leaves in a news paper and store in plastic bag.
|Herb Curry leaves for Health|
|Drying and Storing Tips for curry leaves|
Thank you for coming by Garden Care Simplified! Like, comment, share!
All the Best from rizwana!
read more on-
Shevanthi Chrysanthemums flowering tips
6 decorating precautions with using real christmas tree plant
simple tips for selecting plants as gifts
Friday, September 7, 2012
|Fragrant Raat Rani Plant Cestrum Nocturnum|
|White Tubular Fragrant Flowers in Bunches|
|Drooping Bunches of Heavenly Fragrant Raat Rani Flowers|
|Queen of Night Jessamine Flowering Bush|
There is also a folk lore or belief heard since ages that this raat ki raani attracts snakes, maybe because of its fragrance there may be a host of bees and birds near it! some people also mention growing the Din Ka Raja plant Cestrum Diurnum near it to ward off this belief , well till now not experienced , and I doubt all these beliefs, with so many fragrances around champa, jasmine, jai juhi, mogra, tube roses and the many colourful fragrant roses growing on our terrace, I guess I have a strong attraction to these fragrant flowering plants.I believe the angels nature spirits may be happily dancing at night enjoying the heavenly fragrances around our terrace.Welcoming healing spirits to our home my planting and gardening an ode to nature and a blessing I have got with a green thumb.
As for the pet alexandrines, pigeons, mynas and sparrows and the dotted sparrows and the white pair of doves (one is missing since two days) living nearby the terrace wonder if really a snake would be welcomed , will surely update!
Do go through my ebooks on Amazon
Take Care and All the Best from Rizwana!
Healthy Tips for Jai Juhi Fragrant Plant
View- Evil Eye Cure Feng Shui Paintings