Search This Blog

Translate

1.12.11

The Champa Flower Plant in Container/ Frangipani Flower Plant

Champa Flower Plant
I have added two new members to our family and here they have been planted in big containers for them to bloom and grow happily. The red champa and the yellow - white shaded champa are two new additions. Since I already have the yellow champa plant growing in a big bucket these two plants were also among the wish list for their showy and fragrant flowers.
Red Champa flower tree

Red champa flowers

Champa flower tree growing in container terrace garden

Pink Champa flower plant

My childhood memories go long back and I remember the fragrance of the yellow-white champa flower. We had this big champa tree in our compound which would be laden with flowers. Each single flower was a beauty in itself. With its fragrance famous world wide this frangipani plant was sure to find a place in my terrace garden. The fragrance is fresh and strong. Keeping a few Champa flowers in the house will spread the fragrance everywhere till the flowers dry off, that is three to four days. 
The Joy and my expression of  my terrace garden flowers expressions come in my reiki floral paintings
Floral Reiki art for family happiness and joy

Parrot Flowers of Thailand Goodluck floral painting

The red champa flowering plant has also been planted and at present I do not know how many years will go by before I see the blooms, or how the plant will progress, anyway I do wish I get to see the flowers soon.
The champa plant has big leaves and its stem is quiet fleshy and thick. This plant stores water in its stem and on cutting the stem or plucking the flower you can see a white liquid ooze out of the plant.
I feel this plant can do away with few waterings as the stem is very thick and has stored water. Each leaf comes from the sides of the stem along with the new tip emerging with fresh lime green leaves. The leaves of the champa plant are dark green and new ones are lighter in colour.
Regular feeding will be required since this champa plant is growing in container. But I have not added anything since planting this new plant as I always avoid feeding the new plants with any fertilizer in the beginning till the new plant gets adjusted to our new container and climate of the surroundings. Cowdung helps bring the plant to bloom faster. 
The flowers of the champa plant are very fragrant and we can see them in different colours. The most famous flowers come in white with tiny shading of yellow in the center of the flower. There are the red flowers and the pink ones along with orange coloured champa flowers. Hybrid flowers also come in various shades of these basic colours. We have the red, yellow and the white champa flowering plants and as soon as I get any blooms you sure will see!
Champa plant grows well in indirect sunlight also and needs not much care once it has rooted. The leaves sometimes drop but again the stem is full of new lime green leaves. Transplanting is so easy, cut a stem piece and plant it! 
Read about The Night Blooming Jasmine Raat Ki Raani!

How to Grow Mogra Chameli from cuttings


Fragrant Parijat

Euphorbia Milli Good luck plant of Thailand
 Interesting post- Even cactus dies with evil eye and negative energy
What happens with buri nazar? explaining in this video effects of buri nazar evil eye
are your Plants dying and curling leaves watch this video!
Crossandra flowers Aboli tips care

Healthy Spider lily plants tips and care

Big Amaryllis flower tips

How to save diseased periwinkle plant-video on you tube


Kaamini Bush Murraya paniculata 

How to save adenium rhizome ?
How to grow huge Anthurium flowers?
Allamanda Blanchetti
Allow the branches to grow sideways to give the plant a Bonsai Aged look in container. 
The plant has been along with us since past many years- updating this post in March 2020. 
The love they share is Awesum! 

It feels amazing that with this Garden blog I receive so many email's that people have actually started gardening, blogging, so many have beautiful gardens than me, and are seriously into gardening businesses too! Those happy emails are blessings, feeling blessed with gratitude and Thank you universe!!

Plant a Garden..Trust me ..life will never be the same! Experience Magic!

Feng shuii activators can enhance your space and you can use this balcony and terrace to activate life luck heavenly luck and amazing blessings. As I always say on my Feng shui-Simple Cures blog  always remember the universe has everything in abundance...you just have to tap this correctly! 

Happy Gardening from Rizwana!

I do not sell plants this is my love and passion. I am a symbolist painter, healing artist since year 2000 selling original art to spread health wealth and Joy with world through my Reiki symbol healing paintings! Buy Reiki flower paintings for health wealth and joy.

 Interesting posts on my Garden Care Simplified blog-

Biggest Terrace garden risks hazards and tips to make your garden safe

how my Gulmohar flame of forest tree flowered in container amazing experience with photos step by step!

Is it ok to plant Aloe vera in home garden? understand feng shuii symbolism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why What How about Gardening! share your gardening challenges and passion.

Featured Post

2022 Tiger tips! when to grow plants from seeds practical tips and my Garden Orange fruits with beautiful flower photos

A prosperity garden! Each New year starts with enthusiasm hope faith and love! Those are gardeners, we love to see magic happen every day in...